Tuesday, May 24, 2016

WOYWW 364: the one where she welcomes the 7 year itch


Many who know I've participated in What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday will want to join me at Julia's Stamping Ground.  But Julia isn't there, and won't be for a few weeks, because after she returns from holiday, she is scheduled for surgery.  So who better to take the reigns than Jan, who many of you know as LLJ and can be found at Lunch Lady Jan's Fabric Frenzy

My work table (yes, I stand to make art) shows I've been working hard on a swap.  I thought this package would be in the mail on Monday, but here it is almost Wednesday in my world, and it's still on my table.

Leave it to WOYWWendy to photo bomb the picture.  After all, she was born on this day seven years ago for our first anniversary.  I think she has the 7 year itch.

I know you really came to see the rocking horse I always show during WOYWW, and this one is a clear stamp I received from my friend Voodoo Vixen.

It's the first anniversary in which I have not made a PIF gift, but time and life have not been on my side recently.

So, thanks to Nikki and her lovely blog button, Wendy and I will just wish you a wonderful WOYWW anniversary.  Now let's join Jan as she steps once again into Julia's shoes.

EDIT: If you are a Google + only blogger and have your comments set up such that only those who have signed up for G + can leave a comment, I can't leave you one.  I'll visit, but I'm not going to join G + for anyone!

42 thoughtful remarks:

Unknown said...

Hello and happy 7th WOYWW anniversary. The little rocking horse stamp is so cute and great job on your hand stitch doll absolutely beautiful. Have a great week Hugs ~Anne L #3

Nikki said...

One more for your ever growing collection of rocking horses and I know about time just racing by it seems to move so quickly now that it's warming up here outside. Glad Mr linky allowed you to finally link up hugs Nikki
Happy WOYWW #7

Valerie-Jael said...

Your working space looks clean ad tidy in comparison to mine! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

love the rocking horse... I still can't link up, so am not on the list yet! Helen

Bridget Larsen said...

hahaha I am guilty of that and i have a few letters sitting here not posted either
Bridget #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hey there Elizabeth, thank you for joining in today, it's much appreciated. That WOYWWendy, she really knows how to hog the limelight, huh??! I'm sorry you had issues linking up, it's odd as some have had problems like you but others (me included) have linked up straight away. I don't understand!! Ah well, the world is still turning, I can only try my best!
Hugs, LLJ xxxx

BJ said...

Hi Elizabeth, not touched base with you in ages. I have that stamp too, always think of you when I use it - LOL. Thinking of taking my Altered Book in to show the children at the preschool I work at now, as something which is special to me. Happy WOYWW 7th Anniversary - BJ#20

Anne said...

hello wondering how you were, lovely to see you. sweet rocking horse. Happy 7th WOYWW Anniversary Anne x #25

Twiglet said...

I love seeing Wendy around and about! Happy 7th WOYWW anniversary - here's to many more! x Jo

Kathyk said...

Fab desk and projects.

Happy 7th anniversary WOYWW

Kathyk
#23

Lisca said...

Another rocking horse! Whenever I see a rocking horse I think of you!
Lovely to see Wendy.
Happy 7th anniversary,
Lisca

Inside the artists shed said...

I too stand up to do art - that's why I'm short. Great stitched doll. Happy WOYWW Birthday its been great seeing what you create x Jackie #31

My name is Erika. said...

Your desk is so clean! Nice doll. Have a good day today! Hugs-Erika

Blogoratti said...

Hello and happy Anniversary....warm greetings!

Sharon said...

WOYWWwendy looks right where she belongs. Happy WOYWW Anniversary

Sharon K #45

CraftygasheadZo said...

Loving the rocking horse and Woywwendy too! Very happy WOYWW 7! Take care Zo xx 41

Chidkid said...

Great little stamp. Happy WOYWW

ToadilyDiane said...

Great desk! I'm a Google+ person and I will try to figure out how to open it up. But no worries I wouldn't sign up for more stuff either! Lol.
Happy anniversary!!
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #2

froebelsternchen said...

Conrats to the 7th WOYWW anniversary. This little rocking horse stamp is cute and I love to see Miss Lina doll again- she is absolutely beautiful. Have a great Wednesday!
Hugs Susi

~*~Patty S said...

Wendy is aging gracefully and looks great.
Congrats of participating for seven years = WOW!
oxo

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, and big hugs to Bleubeard. Love the rocking Horse stamp, thats great. Made for you, it could have been. Have a great week, and Happy 7th Birthday, Hugs, Shaz #7 xxx

Unknown said...

Happy 7th WOYWW anniversary! Love WOYWWendy! So cute! And still enjoying your rocking horses! Thanks for the visit!

Sharon Madson said...

The rocking horse is great and so is the doll. Happy Anniversary! As for google plus or whatever, I don't know what I am, but I think you have commented before. :) #59

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous little stamp and love your doll too. I will visit everyone even if it takes till midnight! But you might know the one day when I planned to sit and do this people keep coming, post men x 3, friends x 2, workman x 1 and my hubby in and out, dogs decided they needed to go out more than usual but I will get there Lol! Have a great woyww 7th Anniversary, Angela x30

pearshapedcrafting said...

WOYWWWendy is looking good today! Love the rocking horse stamp from Annette! Slow down a bit will ya! Don't want you too pooped to look after your fabulous garden!! Hugs, Chrisx

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

I stand up to work too!

Monica said...

Long time since i visited and commented. Since I have so many problems commenting I often just never try. I do read you blog and see how busy you always are.
Monica 47

Andrea said...

hi Elizabeth Happy WOYWW anniversy to you.i love the rocking horse stamp and WOYWW WENDY a happy anniversary to her too .I dont know if im G+ but dont think so CRAFTY hugs Andrea#6

Claire Grantham said...

Hello! Happy WOYWW A Versary!! I confess, I came to see the Rocking Horse :) I love the new one, that looks like a store back home..I might need to send a friend to investigate, when I moved 3 years ago they didn't do own brand stamps..Cx #53

Julia Dunnit said...

It's great to see you and WOYWWwendy! I find it hard to believe that she's 7, somehow that's more tangible than WYWW being seven! I hope you're well. I'm oK despite everything, all I have is low level ear ache and shocking vertigo, writing gone, speech slurred. It's very weird. Hoping that next week is the start of real recovery..I want the new normal more than I want this!!! Love to you.

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary! Love your space; I wish I could stand, but my back just won't let me. Lets hope WOYWWendy will see many more anniversaries to come.
Have a great holiday weekend.
-K #60

Jeanie said...

I know my work desk would scare everyone. It scares me. Yours is much better!

Diana Taylor said...

Love your neat, tidy desk and I love the rocking horse stamp - I only stand up to do messy stuff like gelli printing in my studio, and even that's getting more difficult as I get older and more achey!! Thank you so much for your visit - your computer problems sound a bit of a pain, hope they are sorted out soon.
Happy WOYWW
Diana #22

LisaDV said...

Love your Wendy! and snorted at your "not joining google + for anyone". Happy belated WOYWW Anniversary! Hope you have a great and crafty week. LisaDV #44

Elizabeth said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm sorry I haven’t managed to comment earlier, once again life got in the way! However, I have promised myself to get round all the desks this week to celebrate our 7 years of WOYWW friendship - so here I am. WOYWWWendy is looking good despite her advancing years :) I have that rocking horse stamp too - it's lovely. Have a great weekend, Elizabeth x #66

Sue said...

Hi Elizabeth, Love Wendy.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy 7th WOYWW Anniversary.

Sue #24

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier, hope your weather is improving now.
I love making my little blankets, small and quick so the satisfaction level is very high. Then there is the added bonus that they will be taken home even if baby is not, something I would have loved when my baby died but there is nothing except her B & D Certificates. I just love crocheting them.
Take care and have a good week with no rain!
Christine
aka Bishopsmate #32

Annie Claxton said...

That Wendy looks like a woman who has seen the world and knows her mind, I like her. I love rocking horses too, very fond memories of the old one which used to live in my Gran's back bedroom :o) Happy WOYWW anniversaryX Annie C #27

RosA said...

Happy 7th Woyww Anniversary!!
Now, which stamp do we both have? I know I meant to remember, but I didn't :)
Hope you get some respite from that terrible weather soon!

sandra de said...

Happy woyww to you you ... I am slow getting around this week due to the painting. Now I have to get everything back in the room for next wednesday. I also stand for crafting :)
sandra de

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Elizabeth finally catching up am waaaay behind .. and so nice to meet WOYWW Wendy again have been here for everyone but first one but wasn't blogging then.. so six years for me :D
thanks for popping over and for sharing.
Happy very belated WOYWW 7! Shaz in Oz.x #8

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Kelly said...

Hi Elizabeth! I'm not sure if I'm set up for 'only' G+ or not. If I am, I'll see if I can change it. If you encounter a problem, please email me KellyH (at) artlover (dot) com Looking forward to this week and the beginning of year 8 of WOYWW. Creative Blessings! Kelly #50