Sunday, March 18, 2018

Spring Flowers


It's time to once again join Rosie at Rosie's Kleine Bastelwelt who is this month's host at Art Journal Journey.   Her theme this month is Spring.

What better to signify spring than flowers.

I dug into my canceled postage stamps and found these beautiful spring flowers.

I save everything, including the stamps my dear friend Valerie has sent me at various times that included spring flowers.

I created this in my Challenges altered book.  The background is one I made using Twinkling H20s during a Second Thursday tutorial a few months back.  Since the card stock didn't cover the entire page, I added a bit of shaving cream paper to the top and bottom.  In retrospect, I wish I had placed the shaving cream paper on top, so it would blend better.  Live and learn, though.

I really appreciate your visit and your taking time to check out my art today.  I also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey, too.

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful stamps are always worth saving and re-using, and you put them to great use here on your lovely page. Have a nice day, we've still got snow here. Valerie

Dortesjs said...

waue, I love those stamps do you think she wants to send decorated envelopes?

aussie aNNie said...

Wow this is so different and I love this unique design. Good you saved these pretty stamps. A doctor I used to work for made us always take the stamps off and then they were donated to some charity...good idea.xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Marfi-topia said...

I love this..very nice how the bright flowers look against the dark background:)

Rosie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Elisabeth. I love Mailart

Thank you for linking to AJJ

Rike said...

A beautiful dark background on which these wonderful postage stamps are almost glowing!
These are really fantastic spring flowers!
Wish you a happy Sunday! With snow?
Rike xx

Jeannette said...

wow,absolutly beautiful,i love your dark backruond with all the beautiful postage stamps,love it!
wish you a happy sunday.


hugs jenny

CJ Kennedy said...

the stamps are beautiful and what a wonderful way to preserve friendship and memories.

nanskidrewski said...

Great stamps and they pop on the black background. Happy weekend.

Gibby Frogett said...

Wow! what a lovely selection of beautiful stamps Elizabeth - gorgeous page - I love everything about the way you did this - brilliant job!
Happy Sunday... Gill xxx

froebelsternchen said...

So beautiful with the fantastic stamps of your so generous and nice girl-friend. A great idea to put all the flowerstamps onto a page! A great entry for AJJ. Happy Sunday dear E.!
oxo Susi

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful page to celebrate Spring with all those lovely flower stamps!

My name is Erika. said...

You did find so beautiful stamps. I haven't seen any of these before. Maybe they don't send spring stamps to New England because we never really get spring until everyone else is getting ready for summer. :) That Colorado stamp is a piece of art in itself. Loving your spring page and the hope it send this way. Happy Sunday. Hope it is really a spring day for you. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

What a good collection of floral stamps! I need to go through mine. I like you you used them to celebrate spring. If it ever gets here, I'll celebrate with you!

Sandra Cox said...

Aren't these stamps pretty? And your background....perfect.
Enjoy your basketball games:)
Hugs

Halle said...

Spring flowers are the best...can't wait until they start springing up here! Great page to meet the challenge.

pearshapedcrafting said...

These lovely stamps look so good on the background you created! A really lovely page! Chrisx

Meggymay said...

They are beautiful spring flower stamps they look fantastic in the dark background of your page.
Yvonne x

craftytrog said...

Such beautiful stamps, and they really pop on that dark background! A wonderful page! xx

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

If it has stamps on it I will like it! Very nice....

Divers and Sundry said...

I am partial to flower designs on stamps, and I think we're all ready for spring flowers. Yes! I do like the dark background.